$70,000 CAD annually for up to four years. The fellowship is intended to cover all expenses incurred in the preparation and conduct of research
- Forest Products Biotechnology
- Forest Genomics
- Climate Change
- Urban Forestry
- Forest Management
- Forested Landscapes
- Salmon Ecology – Forest Health
- Forests and Indigenous Peoples
- Forests and Human Health
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be seeking financial support for their first doctoral degree.
- Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements for admission to full time doctoral studies at UBC Forestry and intend to register beginning September 2018 (a completed application to the Forestry PhD program September 2018 intake is part of the documentation required for applying to the Future Forests Fellowship).
- To receive funding, the successful recipient of the Future Forests Fellowship must:
Remain enrolled as a full-time student in the UBC Forestry doctoral program and demonstrate continued satisfactory progress documented through annual progress reports;
-Not hold any other awards from the Canadian government or the University of British Columbia at the same time as the Future Forests Fellowship.